Crunchy Vegetable Wraps
Makes: 4 servings (1/2 wrap each)
4 tablespoons cream cheese, low-fat (whipped)
2 flour tortillas
1⁄2 teaspoon ranch seasoning mix
1⁄4 cup broccoli (chopped)
1⁄4 cup carrot (peeled and grated)
1⁄4 cup zucchini (cut into small strips)
1⁄4 cup summer squash (cut into small strips)
1⁄2 tomato (diced)
1⁄8 cup green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
2 tablespoons chives (chopped fine)
- In a small bowl, stir ranch seasoning into cream cheese, chill.
- Steam broccoli in microwave for 1 minute with 1 Tbsp of water.
- Spread cream cheese onto flour tortilla, staying one inch from edge. Sprinkle vegetables over cream cheese. Roll tortilla tightly.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving (the wrap will hold its shape better). With a sharp knife slice into circles and serve.
- Be creative. Try different vegetables, herbs and spices. Examples- green beans, lettuce, radishes, corn; dill, oregano, basil, mint, curry or chili powder.
- You can substitute pre-made flavored cream cheeses- chive, herb or vegetable.
- Try a sweet cream cheese and add fruit to your wrap for a different twist.
- This wrap is great with soup or salad or served as a cool summer appetizer!
Per Serving: $0.33