Makes: 8 servings
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
8 small flour tortillas
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup low-fat shredded cheese
2 cups spinach leaves, raw (or 9oz frozen, thawed, and squeezed dry)
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese and garlic powder
- Spread about 2 tbsp of mixture on each tortilla
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of bell pepper and 2 tbsp of cheese on half of each tortilla.
- Add spinach: ¼ cup if fresh or 2 tbsp if frozen. Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Put 2 folded tortillas in skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet, place on platter, cover with foil to keep warm while the remainder cook.
Total Cost: $6.50
Serving Cost: $1.63